It has been a super busy week again this week, too, but that’s the way it’s supposed to be, I guess. I found last week’s FFF exercise encouraging, so I thought I’d come back this week with another post. I’m going to have to get back into the habit of pulling out my camera, too, so I can share some photos. One day. . . 🙂
1. Benny seems to be THROUGH with the paci. That could be one of my FFFs OR one of my Friday’s LEAST Favorites, depending upon how happy he is at the moment. 😉 I think the reason we’ve turned this corner here just as he turns 22 months old (!!!) is because he has begun biting holes in the pacis.
2. Steady Eddie and I watched the movie The Good Lie last Friday night (after I posted my FFF post), and I cried through nearly the whole movie. I always hesitate to recommend movies (especially those with any language or iffy content), but this is an amazingly beautiful (and heartbreaking) story.
3. On Monday my mom kept my all the kids while I went to leader’s council at CBS. (The boys were still recuperating, and the girls just wanted to stay with her.) Steady Eddie and I took advantage of this and had lunch out at my favorite little chick-food restaurant. <3 It’s pretty remarkable that Steady Eddie was actually in his office that day instead of traveling off somewhere, so I feel doubly blessed that we got to do this.
4. I have walked two consecutive mornings this week! Friends, this is BIG. Steady Eddie has really encouraged me in this, as I definitely don’t feel any better when I sleep in (even though I need the sleep). One morning I listened to The Prince and the Pauper while I walked and the other morning I listened to a Homeschooling IRL podast.
5. I try to carve out a bit of time most days to do something with the DLM, just me and him. Today we played a game of Candyland and a game of Chutes and Ladders. While I generally dislike preschool games (especially after already graduating from them TWICE), but today I was struck by what a sweet thing it is to be able to do this. (Never mind the fact that I won both games and he was not happy about it. 😉 )
And a bonus number 6 (because I forgot about this and wanted to share it!)–We attended a FREE performance of the Huntsville Symphony Orchestra yesterday. We got in on it through a homeschooling group in a nearby county. It was a wonderful experience made even better by the fact that some friends went with us at the last minute. A late lunch (including milkshakes!) at Steak ‘n’ Shake made it even better! 🙂
What tops your list this week?