- Maggy @ Red Ted Art’s Blog writes about a book, Planting a Rainbow, by one of our favorite authors, Lois Ehlert. Of course, Maggy also provides a great craft to go along with it. Check it out!
- Alice @ Supratentorial highlights four wonderful beach-themed titles. Sigh. Now I want to go to the beach! 🙂
- Jen @ Happy Little Homemaker reviews a new line of books called Tuff Books. These sound like they might be just about right for the DLM. Don’t miss this post, especially if you have little ones!
- Almost Unschoolers writes about a nonfiction title her family is enjoying together: American Dinosaur Hunters. She very creatively pairs this with watermelon (which looks positively scrumptious!), so be sure to click over!
- Janelle @ Brimful Curiosities writes about a Tomie DePaola title, Charlie Needs a Cloak, and she and her children try dyeing fabric using natural dyes. This looks like a lot of fun!
- Carrie @ Reading to Know writes about Cynthia Rylant’s Poppleton books in this week’s post. We haven’t read Poppleton (for shame!), but we do love Cynthia Rylant. I think I might need to pick up some Poppleton for my up-and-coming reader to try out!
- Rocker Mom @ The Linton Academy provides a list of comfort reads her son requested after moving residences. I see some good ones on her list!
- Amanda @ Nursery Rhymes and Fun Times writes about fireman and firetruck themed books. I’m taking notes for the DLM!
In addition to my post about some great new 2011 titles yesterday, I also posted some great math and science-related picture books about graphs and measuring.
Have a relaxing and fun Memorial Day weekend, everyone!