In honor of National Poetry Month, I’m linking up all my poetry-related posts here today. I’m going to make a very optimistic prediction that I will blog every Friday in April about a poetry book we have enjoyed and then link up the posts at Poetry Friday, which is hosted around the kidlitosphere. We shall see how this goes. 🙂
- Picture books by Verla Kay
- Read Aloud Thursday–A.A. Milne Edition
- Several poetry picture books, including Oddhopper Opera: A Bug’s Garden of Verses
- Spotlight on Jane Yolen
- Children’s Classics: Poetry–a couple of our favorite anthologies
- Crossing by Philip Booth
- A Cold Snap!: Frost Poems by Audrey B. Baird
- Riddle Rhymes by Charles Ghigna and Jumpety-Bumpety Hop by Kay Chorao
- Red Sings from the Treetops by Joyce Sidman
- The Bugliest Bug by Carol Diggory Shields
- Here’s a Little Poem–another nice children’s anthology
- The Rooster Crows: A Book of American Rhymes and Jingles by Maud and Miska Petersham
- some titles about ancient Egypt
I know I’ve missed a few titles, but this is the bulk of the poetry books I’ve reviewed. We have a nice little stack of poetry books in our library basket right now, so I’m looking forward to seeing how this little plan of mine shapes up. 🙂 I was also interested to see that Janelle @ Brimful Curiosities is hosting a Kids’ Poetry Challenge in honor of National Poetry Month, too. The girls and I just might have to play along! Check back on Fridays to see what we come up with!
This week’s Poetry Friday roundup is hosted by The Poem Farm.