Three-fifths of the residents here at the House of Hope are asleep tonight before 10:00 (a minor miracle, this), and the other 2/5 are not too far behind. However, in light of my last To Kill a Mockingbird post and the upcoming challenge I hope to host (more on this later, of course), I wanted to post a few Mockingbird-related links:
- Sarah, who blogs at Small World at Home and Small World Reads, re-posted this lovely tribute to To Kill a Mockingbird. This post is chock-full of wonderful quotations, so beware if you haven’t read the novel. Or better yet, pick out a quote or two and read them to pique your curiosity! 🙂
- I came across this interesting article by Anna Quindlen entitled “On the Greatness of Scout.”
- I really want to read Scout, Atticus, and Boo: A Celebration of Fifty Years of To Kill a Mockingbird. In fact, I might try to do it in August after I re-read the novel.
- I also would’ve really loved to go to Monroeville for the 50th anniversary celebration. I think, though, that this trip south will have to wait until the weather breaks (it has been HOT here, folks) and the DLM is a little bit older.
- Instead, I’ll have to be satisfied by little peeks like this one:
Goodnight, all. 🙂