Scouring used book stores, thrift stores, and library book sales for gems is one of my favorite things to do. It is not uncommon for us to scout out the best place for used books when we visit a new city. This Christmas I have FIVE titles that I’ve purchased or somehow acquired that are duplicate titles from our Christmas book basket, and I’d love to pass them on to you, one of my dear readers. Our Christmas book basket is one of our most beloved Christmas traditions, and it would make this book-loving mama’s heart happy to know I helped someone else add interest and variety to her family’s own book basket or, even better, start her family’s own Christmas book basket tradition.
The titles I have to give away are some of our favorites!
- The Peterkins’ Christmas — a picture book adaptation of Lucretia Hale’s stories by Elizabeth Spurr. Truly hilarious! Wendy Anderson Halperin’s illustrations are the icing on the cake.
- Silver Packages by Cynthia Rylant — A package delivered by a man on a train helps make a little boy’s dreams come true.
- The Crippled Lamb by Max Lucado–I consider this one a modern classic.
- If You Take a Mouse to the Movies by Laura Numeroff–Who doesn’t love the mouse? Kids sure do.
- Christmas in the Big Woods (My First Little House Books), adapted from the book.
(The first three books are hardbacks; the last two are paperbacks.)
If you’d like to win this nice little book package (and who doesn’t love a package of books this time of year? 🙂 ), just leave me a comment telling me something about your Christmas: favorite book, favorite movie, something.
This giveaway will close on Thursday, December 1, at 7 p.m.