- Maggy @ Red Ted Art’s Blog highlights a craft activity for The Troll by Julia Donaldson and a fun pop-up book that her 16 month old daughter loves–Chick by Ed Vere.
- Alice @ Supratentorial writes about a handful of books set in Venice. These are perfect go-alongs for the Five in a Row book Papa Piccolo. I could’ve used these last year when we “rowed” that one!
- Rocker Mom @ The Linton Academy writes about her family’s latest read-alouds, which include a Dan Yaccarino title and a nonfiction series her son is enjoying.
- Mouseprints @ Thick & Thin Things highlights a couple of Tomie DePaola stories just in time for St. Patrick’s Day. Now you have a head start for next year! (Add them to the trio I reviewed last year, and you’ll have plenty!) Do click over to Thick & Thin Things, though. This is her first entry in Read Aloud Thursday, and we want to make her feel welcome. Her blog is so much fun!
- STOP THE PRESSES!!! Z-Dad @ Bookie Woogie has just released his second book, Chuckling Ducklings, and boy, does it look and sound cute! Read all about it here (in Z-Dad’s and Z-Kids’ inimitable group-interview style) and leave a comment to win a signed copy or a piece of original artwork. Go! (The giveaway ends March 20, so hurry!)
- Carrie @ Reading My Library reviews three Eve Bunting titles this week, including one we’ve enjoyed: Hurry! Hurry! I’ve showcased Eve Bunting titles here at Hope Is the Word no fewer than seven times, so you might say I’m a fan. (This link contains all the other links, if you’re interested. 😉 ) Be sure to check out Carrie’s post!
- Debbie @ Debbie’s Digest reviews G.A. Henty’s Won by the Sword, a tale of the Thirty Years’ War. My girls and I began listening to a Henty tale, Cat of Bubastes, back when we were studying ancient Egypt, but I didn’t persevere with it. According to Debbie, Henty will be worth our time and effort, but maybe I’ll wait until the girls are a little older.
That’s it for this week, folks. Springtime is here and if your life is anything like mine, that means your busy-ness level is steadily climbing upward as the weather warms up. Have a great weekend, and when you have a chance, check out some of these reviews!